Job Opportunity: Marketing and Development Officer – Eton Fives
Flexible UK Location
A brilliant opportunity for someone interested in a career in marketing, development or fundraising.
The Eton Fives Association is the national governing body for the handball sport of Eton Fives. We currently have a vacancy to work within our development programme, named FiveStar, the aim of which is to treble the number of players and expand the sport geographically and socially.
The Marketing and Development Officer is responsible for helping to organise, maintain and develop the EFA’s fundraising and development activity. The role reports to the Director of The FiveStar Project (Richard Black) and will work closely with the Head of Development (Alex Knight), the Research & Development Assistant (Zach Hickmore) and the other members of the Eton Fives community involved in the FiveStar project.
- Put in place systems and processes to organise donor information and communication, to help to cultivate donors over time
- Collate and organise fundraising resources to make them easy to search and obtain
- Research and identify suitable grant giving trusts and foundations
- Help to prepare and submit well-written, compelling and complete funding applications
- Identify, research and approach potential supporters, including high net worth individuals
- Form and maintain relationships with key donors and supporters
- Help to create and run specific appeals and fundraising events, monitoring and reporting on their success
- Explore ways in which the EFA can help to support individuals, groups and organisations with their own fundraising on behalf of the sport (e.g. sponsored marathons, court building, coaching, etc)
- Investigate how EFA-supported programmes can become financially self-sufficient
- Research and engage with potential suppliers and partners for the provision of courts (permanent and temporary) and Fives kit
- Contribute to the development of a medium- to long-term funding strategy
- Produce appropriate communication material including social media content
The role comes with a salary c. £20,000 and a package that includes a pension and 20 days’ holiday a year.
Alternatively a freelance contract is available.